Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday Morning

My heart was overflowing with gratitude this morning at church. I am thankful to be in a place where truth is preached unashamedly, and hearts are impacted by the Word of God.

As I looked around the sanctuary, it seemed that everywhere I turned, I knew personally of those around me. We’ve shared in Bible Study together, in prayer, over dinner, or in the lobby. We’ve gotten to know each others’ names and stories. We’ve encouraged one another in our spiritual growth.

I’ve met godly women who walk in truth and desire the same for others. I’ve seen them live out the word of God unashamedly, yet gently and graciously. I’ve shared tears with those struggling, and joy with those rejoicing.

Most importantly, the Word of God is shared boldly and accurately. I’m thankful for a Pastor that truly loves his flock and shepherds us. And, he's not afraid to share the things that could be offensive to the world around us because it's what God wants us to know in His Word.

I am thankful for people being willing to share their weaknesses and personal struggles, and that I in-turn can be transparent and expose areas of sin in my own life. I’m thankful that Adah will grow up among such a wonderful spiritual family.

S and I have seen what the church can be, and we are so thankful to be here.

1 comment:

J said...

I'm not sure why the clock on here says 10:51 a.m.! ;-) I really was in church this morning. ;-) LOL!