Saturday, August 30, 2008

Growing Up

We've been thinking recently that A might be ready for a toddler bed. We simultaneously found an amazing deal and a local family delivered it to our house today. YEY craigslist!

We just put A down for the night and she splendidly well. We prayed together, placed her in bed, covered her up, and walked towards the door. As I looked back, I saw this big girl laying there, covered up with her blanket, looking dearly back at us. She looked so much older! Gone are crib days forever. She's in a big girl bed. It was bittersweet.

All day long I could not wait to make the bed, introduce her to it, get excited, etc. And, the moment we took the crib down I just wanted to cry. ;-) Oh, the life of a mom. S is such a wonderful balance for me. :-)

So, here we are in the quiet of the evening with our big girl dreaming on her new bed in the next room. Sleep tight, love!

No comments: