Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rewind

Several friends and readers have noted that the posts regarding my mom have been touching, perhaps even helpful as you face your own journey. I think grieving is something we all do in this fallen world - it may take different shapes and forms, but it's part of our reality. It's our commonality. We share it. We can bear some its burden for each other. This is good to do.

Long before my scattered and disjointed blogging days, I kept journals. Through the years, I've parted with some of them, but one journal in particular I have always kept - that being my Mom Journal. I'd like to post those early entries, the days when we first noticed something was different about Mom. It is my prayer that you, reader, will find them helpful - like letters from a friend as you walk your own journey. Perhaps you'll weep as I wept (and do now at times) - that's good - that's biblical. You may laugh at some of the silly things that Mom did. That's good, too. Most of all, I hope at the end of the journey, you walk away knowing, as I am learning, that God is always good, His faithfulness really does endure through all generations, even in the midst of very dark seasons. May I praise Him evermore.

Thank you for reading. 

No comments: